Handling Emergencies

Read what to do in case of a road accident, medical emergency, fire, marine accident, injury or death at workplace, natural calamities etc.

Emergency phone numbers

In case of an emergency, you can call the following numbers while anywhere in the UAE:

  • 999 for Police
  • 998 for Ambulance
  • 997 for Fire Department (Civil Defence)
  • 996 for Coastguard
  • 911 for electricity failure
  • 922 for water failure.


  • For incidents related to harassment or safety, contact:
    • Abu Dhabi Police through their Aman service on 8002626 or send SMS to 8002828
    • Dubai Police through their Al Ameen service on 8004888 from within the UAE or on +9718004888 from outside the UAE
    • Sharjah Police through their Najeed service on 800151, or send SMS to 7999.

For cybercrimes, report online.

For human trafficking, contact

For violence and abuse of women and children, contact

  • Ministry of Interior on tollfree hotline 116111
  • Child protection centre in Sharjah on toll-free helpline number 800 700.

For animal abuse, contact

For fake or harmful medicines, contact Ministry of Health and Prevention through the hotline 80011111.  

For drone accidents, or loss of control of the drone, call GCAA on hotline +971506414667 or send eMail to aai@gcaa.gov.ae.

For nuclear or radiation concerns, contact Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation (FANR) at 800-3267999 or 050-6416533.


  • Call civil defence on 997 (from anywhere in the UAE).
  • Evacuate the premise immediately. All public buildings are marked with fire exits.
  • Walk towards the exit calmly without rushing.
  • Do not stay behind to collect belongings.
  • If possible, close the doors as you leave to avoid the fire from spreading further.
  • Do not use lifts in case of a fire.
  • If you can, try putting off the fire with the help of extinguishers without risking your life.
  • Do not return to the building until declared safe by the police or civil defence

Power and water supply failure

If you are in:.

  • other emirates, call Federal Electricity and Water Authority on 991 for electricity and 992 for water supply problems.


Injury or death at workplace

In case of an injury or death at workplace, the employer/s must inform Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation within 24 hours from the incident.

Employer/s can contact the ministry by:

Employer/s must provide the following details of the worker/employee:

  • name
  • labour card number
  • property number
  • date of the injury
  • phone number to contact the responsible person.

Employer/s must inform the ministry when:

  • the work-related injury costs a worker absence of three days or more
  • the injury or death has occurred during work or while commuting to or from the workplace
  • the worker/employee has contracted a disease listed under occupational diseases in Chapter 8 of Federal Law No. 8 of 1980 for Labour Law and its Amendments. (PDF, 255 KB).


Natural calamities

National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority (NCEMA) is the federal entity responsible for the safety of the lives of all citizens and residents on the territory of the UAE and the property of the country.

Read NCEMA guidelines to deal with:

Also, refer to the guide for emergencies (PDF, 9 MB) for tips to survive during natural calamities and wars.

Emergency abroad

If a UAE national is in an emergency abroad, he can contact one of the UAE’s embassies and consulates abroad or Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation in the UAE.

Refer also to:

Do you have any comments about this page ?

If you want to contact us click here :